Around Downtown News:
In Raleigh/Triangle News:
In Other News:
And one more announcement: (thanks Ellen)
The Downtown Raleigh Alliance is holding its Annual Meeting and Downtown Achievement Awards Ceremony on Thursday, February 23rd from 5 pm to 8 pm at the Raleigh Convention Center. And don’t worry, just because it’s called an “annual meeting” doesn’t mean it’s going to be all business. It won’t be and here’s why you should attend:
· Meet new people.
· Network at the pre-event reception from 5 pm to 6 pm (beer and wine included)!
· Enjoy a three-course dinner.
· Listen to a great presentation by marketing expert Roger Brooks. His topic of conversation? Key ingredients for an outstanding destination.
· Celebrate the successes of downtown Raleigh with its biggest advocates.
· Meet all the members of the Downtown Raleigh Alliance staff.
· Get a great deal on tickets.
· Have fun.
· Support downtown and the champions whose contributions are making a significant impact on downtown.
· We want to meet you!
The DRA really wants to get more residents engaged in its efforts. After all, residents are the lifeblood of any strong downtown. That’s why we’re offering tickets to downtown residents for only $25 each. That’s more than half off the normal non-member price of $60. Just think—beer and wine, food, fellowship, and a fun presentation all for only $25. So tell your friends, get a group together, and come out for a great evening. We think you’ll be glad you did.
If you live within the Downtown Business Improvement District (inside the boundaries of Peace St., Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Boylan Ave. and Bloodworth St.) or in surrounding downtown neighborhoods including Boylan Heights, Cameron Park, East Raleigh-South Park, Glenwood-Brooklyn, Mordecai/Pilot Mill, and Oakwood contact Ellen Fragola at 919.821.6972 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for the resident promo code. RSVP deadline is Thursday, February 9th so don’t delay!