RALEIGH, NC (August 10, 2015) – The Downtown Raleigh Alliance (DRA) announces a new retail incentives for downtown Raleigh retailers, including a new Retail Up-fit Grant. The grant will be available to new soft-goods retailers looking to open in downtown Raleigh. One of DRA’s most core priorities is to assist filling all street-level storefront spaces with retail and helping aspiring entrepreneurs find their place in downtown Raleigh. This new grant not only will help new retailers cover some of their costs for up-fit improvements, but also will free up more of their own money to invest in inventory, promotion, marketing, and other costs that can help them get off to a faster start and be more successful in downtown.
DRA has created an extensive package of incentives, including a new website page full of resources, a promotional plan, grant opportunities for up-fitting a space, and mentorship and advice for business planning. The goal of the package is to attract new retail businesses and aid in the expansion of exciting retailers in downtown Raleigh.
Package of Incentives:
· Up to $5,000 for build-out improvements
· Available only to soft-good retailers located in the DRA Services District
· Available to new retailers and existing retailers looking to expand by 30% or more
· Ribbon Cutting Ceremony arranged by DRA staff
· Announcements made via DRA e-newsletters and e-blasts, sent to over 15,000 downtown supporters
· Announcements and opportunity for focused write-ups in The Downtown Insider, a quarterly printed mailer that is sent to all residential properties within the downtown core
· Social Media promotion via Facebook (4,700 followers), Twitter (21,000 followers) and Instagram (5,500 followers), including a Member of the Week campaign
· First Friday promotions, including a First Friday flag, placement on www.FirstFridayRaleigh.com and newsletter promotion sent to almost 5,000 people
BUSINESS PLANNING ASSISTANCE
· The #DTRetail page on the www.youRhere.com website is full of information for new businesses including informational facts to inform a prospective retailer why downtown Raleigh is a great place for them
· Available reports, publications and plans to assist in looking into the future of downtown Raleigh
· A resource database to review available retail spaces in downtown Raleigh
· Data and informational resources, including financing and incentive assistance, permits and licensing information and business planning assistance
Interested new retailers can contact Bill King, Planning and Development Manager for DRA, to learn more about retail incentives at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-821-6980.
About Downtown Raleigh Alliance (DRA):
DRA is an award-winning nonprofit organization whose mission is to continue the revitalization of Raleigh’s downtown. The Alliance enhances the quality of life and positively impacts the economic success of downtown through six core services: 1. Safety, Hospitality & Clean Ambassadors; 2. Strategic Branding & Community Communications; 3. Special Events Production; 4. Retail Attraction & Merchant Promotions; 5. Strategic Partnerships & Stakeholder Engagement; and 6. Strategic Planning. For more information about DRA, please visit www.youRhere.com.